The Top 5 Competitive Open Source E-Commerce Platforms: Usage vs. Performance
Compared to the global online sales of 2013 which ranges from 18.3% to $1.298 trillion, the e-commerce business market is expected to attracting 175 million people in the year 2016. Amazing, isn’t it However, the tough time begins with the choice of a platform to leverage e-commerce website development. This post reveals a few of the most prolific e-commerce technologies today, prioritizing high, medium, low- each one different in usage and performance.
MagentoMagento, in other terms- a powerful, flexible and cost effective e-commerce solution, can say. Chosen amidst 50,000 plus businesses around the world, Magento was built using the Zend Framework. With over 200,000 installations, companies such as Nike, Samsung, Olympus, OfficeMax, the North Face, Stussy and Nespresso are among the clients.
Why Choose Magento?
- Stable and reliable structure
- The architecture designed for scalability with in-built support for most payment gateways
- Contains all excellence features to enhance your online business: shopping cart development, catalogue management, navigation controls, One page checkout and administration functions
OpenCartWant to establish your own online business and lope your ecommerce economically and smoothly? OpenCart is the proven choice. Its success lies behind the excellent usability for online merchants as well as their customers.
Why Choose OpenCart
- Straightforwardness and excellent usability
- Supports any number of categories, products, various currencies
- Supplementary option of payment and shipping method
- Manage multiple store fronts under one admin
Zen CartHaving separated from Oscommerce, Zen Cart is an online store management system that specifies in GNU General Public License. One of the major difference between Zen Cart and OsCommerce ecommerce solutions comes from the former’s structural changes and easier to change appearance as CSS based.
Why Choose Zen Cart?
- simple to handle, modify and install
- several helpful adapter available to develop
OscommerceOne of the oldest open source platforms available in the market, Oscommerce ecommerce solution is utilized by nearly 13,000 websites. The big benefit here is 7,000 plus add-ons from the community that can be downloaded and used for free. On the backend, it uses PHP for server-side programming and MySQL for its relational database management system (RDMS).
Why Choose Oscommerce?
- Available Free and premium templates
- Add-ons from community members
- Customer and order management from the admin dashboard
WooCommerceWooCommerce is an ecommerce solution integrated with the open source WordPress, and features to be a great end product. Initially, WordPress was designed as a blogging platform but curved into a tremendously powerful and modifiable CMS system with a large range of plugins that can transfer your site into an online shop.
Why Choose Woo Commerce?
- Excellent Administration and Reporting Facilities.
- Comprehensive Shipping and Tax Calculations.
- High Efficient Product Management System.
- Additional Features for Marketing and Promotion.