We all want to develop apps that will be seen, used and monetized. But before you get your app on the app store, you need to be aware of the common mistakes that you’re prone to make. Here are the top 5 mistakes that we think app developers are prone to making:
1. Building For Multiple Platform At OnceWell, there are over a million apps on the Google Play store and an equal number on Apple’s, and it is understandable that you don't want to miss out on both. But, you also need to make sure you avoid double engineering costs and focus on one platform at a time. Also, if you make a mistake in the app, you need to ensure you make the changes in both the Apple and the Android version.
2. Bloated FeaturesOnce you’ve finalized your store choice, you need to have an MVP that reflects your core ideas. Do more with less. That is what makes a good UX. Also, in the rush to get a good UX, does not compromise on testing as it may result in a buggy app.
3. Bad User ExperienceApple has already set the bar here. It is important to understand that what works in the web won’t necessarily work in mobile. They have different valuations. UX matters the most. This is borne out by the fact that 26% of apps have been opened only once and 48% opened 10 times or less. So, it’s important that you get feedback from users before going live.
4. Absence Of AnalyticsYou definitely need a tracking tool. You can’t imagine developing an app without it. So, what metrics do you actually measure with these tools?
- Active users
- Average time spent on the app
- Retention rate
- App crashes