Are you planning on making it big in the eCommerce world? It’s not easy to get a foothold in the industry, and you have to face stiff competition from giants like Amazon.com. It’s important that you get it right from the very beginning by doing your research, picking something unique to sell and, most importantly, choosing the right platform for your eCommerce business.
Magento: The Most Powerful Ecommerce Platform Out There
Magento is an eCommerce content management platform that is used by over 500,000 successful online shops worldwide. It lets you build outstanding stores with advanced features that always rank high on search engines if designed right. It does most of the work of receiving customer orders and processing them, so you can focus on selling and marketing. It is also easily possible to manage Magento stores even if you don’t have programming experience through the desktop and mobile app-based dashboards.
Why is Magento Ideal for Ecommerce Startups?
There are many reasons why it is the platform of choice for businesses. Here are some of the top ones:
• Extremely Customizable: Magento stores are extremely customizable. You can use it for B2C and B2B stores, and sell everything from regular products to virtual and affiliate-marketed products.
• Built-for-eCommerce Architecture: Unlike some platforms out there – like WordPress – Magento was made exclusively for eCommerce. The architecture can handle gigantic stores without performance lag.
• Scalable Platform: You can build mammoth e-shops that grow as your business does. You only have to pay for the resources you use, and there are no transactions fees levied by the developers.
• Mobile Friendly: The platform is fully mobile-friendly, with customizable themes. You can sell to both desktop and mobile customers with equal ease.
• A Large Number of Extensions: There are numerous extensions available for Magento that can add advanced features to it, like social media integration and analytics tools that help you improve the user experience (UX).
• Use Free with the Community Edition: Finally, if you use the Community Edition, you can make stores without product limits for free – you just have to pay for the hosting and domain name. If you want 24/7 customer support, you can opt for the Enterprise Edition instead.
Openwave's eCommerce developers can build an excellent shop on the Magento platform - replete with cutting-edge features and custom-made for your unique business - at an affordable price.